- Skilled manager with 18 years of broad leadership experience in building effective business relationships, managing technology, and in leading large-scale, high-risk programs and initiatives.
- Signature strengths include building trust, communicating effectively, maximizing relationships, innovating, managing execution and driving for results.
- Significant experience in managing the strategic, brand-building, and technical aspects of multi-million dollar initiatives.
- Demonstrable results in successfully facilitating inter-disciplinary, internationally-oriented engagements.
- Proven expertise with a wide range of technologies, including Internet, client/server and mainframe.
Senior Project Manager and Business Analyst, TARGET, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2005-present
- As Senior Project Manager within the Finance and SAP Domestic business area, served as a Functional Manager for an SAP quarterly release.
- In support of the Finance and SAP Domestic intake process, successfully estimated and procured funding for over 12 projects within a fiscal year.
- In conjunction with the target.com launch, managed a regression testing project to mitigate downstream impacts to legacy Finance systems.
- Project managed a testing initiative for Target’s new Distribution Transportation Management system.
- Successfully led a cross-functional team to remediate a complex production issue impacting Target’s REDcard systems and resulting in multi-million dollar savings.
- As the Business Analyst for Target’s corporate intranet portals, insideTGT and Stores Workbench, led their development and support activities. The portals are the default browser destination for all 350,000 worldwide users across stores, distribution centers, sourcing and headquarter locations.
- Successfully delivered 3 enhancement releases, while simultaneously supporting 24×7 service levels, frequently under high pressure, global environment outage situations.
- Introduced prioritization and resource planning processes to accommodate a significant backlog of customer enhancement requests.
- Used influence to establish or positively impact pre-existing relationships with customers and Target Technology Services teams.
- As the Business Analyst within the In-Store Digital Media team, led the analysis, design and planning activities for Target’s high-definition TV (HDTV) in-store digital signage and narrowcast channel solutions.
- Procured funding and successfully managed the rollout of the In-Store Digital Media solutions within the Pharmacy area.
Senior Analyst and Consultant, GUIDANT, Arden Hills, Minnesota, 2003-2005
- As a Senior Analyst, worked within the LATITUDE Patient Management business unit, which provided a new solution of internet and wireless systems, implantable medical devices and sensors that empowered physicians and patients with real-time access to medical data.
- Key member of a LATITUDE cross-functional team commissioned by Guidant executive management to establish a new service offering for health care professionals.
- Successfully managed the team and drove the deliverables for the market analysis, service offering definition, and RFI and RFP processes within extremely aggressive timeframes. Team received commendations from Guidant’s LATITUDE and Executive Management teams for outstanding effort and results. Project framework and deliverables were cited by Guidant’s CRM executive team as “exemplary”, and were leveraged as a framework for other new service offering ventures.
- Responsible for obtaining multi-million dollar funding approvals necessary to complete contract terms with a 3rd-party health care services vendor.
- Developed and deployed new business processes and training collateral in support of the first release of the LATITUDE system.
- Provided on-site system training to health care professionals at major customer sites, obtaining 5-star ratings from all customers.
- Successfully provided pre-sales services to Guidant executives, resulting in signed contracts with key customers.
- As a Consultant on the Information Systems team, was responsible for the project management of a wide variety of IS projects.
- Successfully managed, piloted and deployed a wireless LAN solution throughout Guidant offices in the US and Europe.
- Played a key role on a project focused on consolidating corporate web applications’ hosting, resulting in reduced spend and increased service levels.
Senior Program Manager, RETEK, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1999-2003
- As part of a US$20 million alliance partnership with IBM, played a key management role in the successful port of Retek applications to an IBM-based platform.
- Worked closely with Retek’s CTO on the financial and resource management of Retek’s R&D business unit.
- Played a key role in deploying Retek’s R&D methodology across development offices in Minneapolis, Cincinnati, Atlanta, St. Petersburg and Cambridge, UK.
- Successfully managed the development and cross-functional rollout activities associated with Retek’s US$35 million investment in its Retek 9.0 application suite.
- Developed and deployed a cross-corporate business framework for the launch of Retek application suite releases.
- Designed, developed and deployed a web-based training solution in support of the Retek 10 and Retek 9.0 application suite releases.
- Successfully designed and deployed world-class product demonstrations to the Retek’s sales, marketing, and services teams.
Consultant, PAREO and WORKSTATIONS INTERNATIONAL, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1997-1999
- Managed the full development lifecycle and rollouts of eight (8) custom web applications for a variety of Twin Cities-based businesses.
- Managed a start-up e-retailer’s design, development, testing and go-live efforts.
Experienced Consultant and Analyst, ANDERSEN CONSULTING, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1994-1997
- Designed, implemented, and assisted in the instruction of an internet and Object-Oriented (OO) training program for 100 consultants.
- As Lead Instructional Technologist, responsible for a system-integrated e-Learning application development project with 10,000 end-users.
- Instructed 25 new hires in client/server development at corporate headquarters.
- Designed and developed a training program for 50 client personnel.
- Test lead for the system test of two major releases of Retek’s Merchandising System.
- Designed and developed an error-handling architecture for Retek’s Merchandising System.
- Programmer/analyst for a major financial institution’s successful conversion of US$4.5 billion of deposit accounts.
LUTHER COLLEGE, Decorah, Iowa
Bachelor of Arts, History and Economics, with an emphasis in Management Information Systems. 1990-1994.
Magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Alpha Theta, Omicron Delta Epsilon.
UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM, Nottingham, England
Attended Schools of Law, History and Computer Science. 1992-1993.